Was your New Year’s Resolution to put pen to paper, cursor to blank screen? To take those thoughts, feelings and ideas swirling around your mind and give them form? Here’s your chance!
Give us 1,500 or less of your best on the theme ‘Ripples’. We are accepting both short fiction and creative non-fiction – beautifully told real stories that pack a punch.
Enter here and be sure to read the Terms & Conditions of entry below.
How to enter
Submit your entry by 28 February 2017.
The fine print
- The winner and selected highly commended pieces will be published on Tabula Rasa.
- This is a prize for original pieces of short fiction and creative non-fiction in English, up to 1500 words in length.
- Stories must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Stories that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- The prize is open to writers nationally and internationally, at any stage of their career.
- Submissions will be processed electronically. Stories should be formatted at 1.5 line spacing and a minimum of 12-point font size.
- The competition will be judged anonymously. The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript or else the story will be disqualified.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, although each must be emailed separately.
- The winning story will be published on Tabula Rasa; selected highly commended pieces will also be published at tabularasa.com.au
- The closing date is 11.59pm, 28 February 2017. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Tabula Rasa’s staff (Kate, Kelly and Anna) and their families, are prohibited from entering. All previous, current and ongoing contributors are eligible to enter.
- Winners will be announced in early March 2017. Follow Tabula Rasa on Facebook and Twitter to be kept up to date.