The weather is warm, the skies are blue and the conditions are perfect for getting inspired and putting pen to paper (or cursor to computer screen, as it were).
Tabula Rasa is delighted to announce our inaugural short story competition. It's free to enter and thanks to the lovely folk at Dymocks we’ve got a $100 gift voucher to give away for the best entry.
Give us 1,500 or less of your best on the theme ‘Escape’. For this competition we are looking for short fiction however stay tuned for future contests for poets and creative non-fiction writers.
How to enter
Submit your entry by Friday 4 November.
The fine print
- The winner and selected highly commended pieces will be published on Tabula Rasa.
- This is a prize for original pieces of short fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry written in English, up to 1500 words in length.
- Stories must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Stories that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- The prize is open to writers nationally and internationally, at any stage of their career.
- Submissions will be processed electronically. Stories should be formatted at 1.5 line spacing and a minimum of 12-point font size.
- The competition will be judged anonymously. The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript or else the story will be disqualified.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, although each must be emailed separately.
- The winning story will be published on Tabula Rasa; selected highly commended pieces will also be published at tabularasa.com.au
- The closing date is 11.59pm, 4 November 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Tabula Rasa’s staff (Kate, Kelly and Anna) and their families, are prohibited from entering. All previous, current and ongoing contributors are eligible to enter.
- Winners will be announced at the end of November 2016. Follow Tabula Rasa on Facebook and Twitter to be kept up to date.